Saturday, June 9, 2012

Urban Outfitters Sea Dust: a possible Deborah Lippmann dupe?

don't forget to enter to win Floam, Fantasy Fire & Flecked !! 

Hi ladies! Tonight I have an exciting polish to show you! It's from the Urban Outfitters collection. Now, I don't know about you, but I loooove Urban Outfitters! The clothing is a tad expensive at times, though... I usually just stick to purchasing polish and reading the funny books while I'm in there.

 The polish I'm about to show you caught my eye immediately during my most recent trip to UO. This polish, called Sea Dust, looks awfully familiar...



 

I'd have to say this polish is probably very similar to a more expensive counterpart, Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream. Mermaid's Dream is a polish I've been eying since it came out, but I will take this less expensive version.

* Of course, as I don't physically have Mermaid's Dream, it's hard to tell if this is an exact dupe or not. It looks very similar, though! What do you think? 

6 comments:

  1. oooh, DEFINITELY looks like it to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful and i am now on a mission to acquire a bottle of my own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really close to me! Need to go raid my UB for some Model's Own & this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very close from what I can tell. But smoother. Most of the swatches I have seen of of the DL look bumpy. Even with top coat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sure does look like a dupe! dang, i dont have a UO by me and its not online!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Mermaid's Dream. It is a very rough finish on it that I am not a fan of at all. The color is a bit more aqua-green than this one looks. This one (on my monitor) looks more blue than Mermaid's Dream. But they look to be close. Curious how smooth/vs rough this one from UOs is?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words! I read every single comment and I love hearing from my readers. I will comment back on your blog if you have one; I love making new blogging friends! Have a great day!