Thursday, November 8, 2012

november 8 for no h8

Bullying is not funny. It is not cool. It is not right. And more importantly, it is not okay.

Most of us are, thankfully, residents of countries that support tolerance and many of our families have settled in these places simply for that reason. Generations later, it is our responsibility to perpetuate that message of tolerance across our new social platforms, including the internet.

As members of the nail polish blogging community, we all share a love of beauty, color, and lacquer. Other than that, we are remarkably different: from our race to our religion to our hair color...even to our polish application techniques. To marginalize anyone because of those differences is completely unacceptable and today I take a stand against that. I refuse to allow other people's view of "normal" dictate how I behave, believe, and blog.

In solidarity with a multitude of bloggers linked below, my purple manicure represents my proud commitment to the No H8 movement. Today, November 8, I dedicate my post to ending bullying of any kind and to encouraging diversity and imperfection among our colorful community.


In honor of the No H8 Movement, I am wearing purple to show my support. As a future teacher, this cause is close to my heart. I want to be an advocate for all children, especially children who are feeling down on themselves. Bullying is never acceptable.




Shown is two coats of Sephora by OPI Just A Little Dangerous topped with one coat of Cult Nails Seduction.

Do what you can to show your support, even if it's as simple as painting your nails. We can stand together against bullying!

18 comments:

  1. really pretty love it, thxxx for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome polish choice! This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Droooooools.... This is sooo beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gosia! My nails feel so pretty with this shade on lol!

      Delete
  4. I so need to become a member of the cult club but not sure about shipping to the uk. This mani looks great on you and represents a great cause :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always have them ship to a friend of yours in the states and have them ship to you! I know they ship to the UK (pretty sure anyway) but not sure on pricing!

      Delete
  5. This is so beautiful and a great post for a wonderful cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen! Spreading awareness is one of the greatest things we can do.

      Delete
  6. It's been a while since I've seen an awesome flakie like this!!! Joining you on no h8!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out your No H8 post! Cult Nails does the BEST flakies, they really do!

      Delete

Thank you for your kind words! I read every single comment and I love hearing from my readers. I will comment back on your blog if you have one; I love making new blogging friends! Have a great day!