Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Guest Week Follow-Up: Carly from Lacquered Lover

Hi ladies! I am officially back from my amazing vacation, but I have a few more posts that friends did for me that I would like to share with all of you! Here's a post from Carly at Lacquered Lover. I hope you enjoy!
 

Hello Lacquered Lovers!  First of all, I want to say a big thank you
to Emily for letting me write this guest post!  I love her blog and
it's so fun getting to share posts with fellow bloggers!  Today I have
a gorgeous Nubar to show you, Purple Rain Glitter.  I had never tried
Nubar until a few weeks ago (which is pretty surprising for a nail
polish hoarder like me), and so far, it's really impressing me!  They
have fabulous colors and their formula is great!  Now, without further
ado, on to the polish!






Nubar Purple Rain Glitter is a gorgeous deep purple jelly, so dark
it's almost black.  Then packed within the jelly base is mostly pink
and some holographic glitter!  It's gorgeous!  I love the contrast
between the cool toned jelly base and the warmer toned glitter!  Any
time glitter is in a jelly base, the final effect looks like a "jelly
sandwich" which I love.  Now since this is a jelly base, it takes a
bit to build up opacity.  The pictures above were taken with 2 coats
of Purple Rain Glitter.  In direct light, you can definitely see a bit
of visible nail line but really only if you are looking for it.
However it if bothers you, I think this shade would look fantastic
layered over a purple or black creme base!  That way the glitter would
really pop as well!

All in all, I love this polish!  I think it's so pretty and I love the
glitter and jelly combination that Nubar created!  Nubar runs for
about $8 a bottle and they are definitely worth it!  They have a great
selection and I'm looking forward to trying more!  A big thanks to
Emily again for letting me write this guest post for her fabulous
blog!  I hope you all enjoyed!  Please let me know what you thought
about this polish below!  And if you know any other Nubars I should
try!  I'm always looking for more polish!

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind words! I read every single comment and I love hearing from my readers. I will comment back on your blog if you have one; I love making new blogging friends! Have a great day!