Friday, November 4, 2011

OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress

Hey guys!! Happy Friday! :-) Logging into Blogger today to see that I am one follower away from 150 was so exciting! I thank you all for the continued support, especially because I haven't gotten on to blog each day this week and the last. I love you all! This is my escape away from my ridiculously busy and hectic life, and I appreciate the support you all provide me with!

I haven't been feeling as passionate about nail care/maintenance/color as I usually/ALWAYS do, mainly because of how super busy this week was. Two nights ago, my best friend suggested I do a red polish. I scanned through my spreadsheet for an untried red and came up with OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress. I ordered this one off of AveYou Beauty. They always put deals out on deal sites for $50 for $25 so I bought one of those coupons and got a bunch of OPI polishes.




Of course I wore a red sweater yesterday.. I hate being matchy matchy but I didn't realize until I was in the car driving to class!

What I Used:
1 coat CND Stickey Base Coat
2 coats OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress
1 coat Poshe Top Coat

Bottom Line:
Great formula, as usual with my OPI polishes! I didn't like how quickly this polish stained. It was REALLY hard to do an accurate cleanup job because of this. It also didn't photograph very well, but it looks nice on my nails. Honestly it's not my favorite red.. reds tend to bore me, but I DO think that red nails are extremely classy and timeless. I you are a red lover, this one is jewel-toned and a semi-deep red.. definitely a staple and a classic OPI red! 

5 comments:

  1. This is one of my all time fave reds. I have the original black label-I really should dig that sucker out and wear it! Congrats on your followers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a classic. It was voted the best polish shade for a # of yrs in a row by Glamor Mag. It only replaced another long running fav Mother Road Rose, that was an equally long running fav and now just finally the latter was removed from the classics collection. I also have the old black label of this one and it still holds up unlike some others in black label that get thick or stringy, etc. I should look at the coupons you suggested. Assuming you mean they are on that site - not something you get from a site like Groupon. I am not really good about being really familiar with etailers for my polish needs and I should get there since I live in a rural area and I know eBay has it's problems most certainly. I do OK if it's a trusted seller there. Amazon I seem to have trouble getting multi items into one order when it comes to polish. Good winter project for me along with getting my profile up on MUA and getting to know a few folks there. I have a huge collection that I know there are many I could swap out for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK you are at 150 now!!! I was getting your blog notices via email - but thought it would be fun to know I was the #150 which seems like some kind of milestone!!! I am sure your blog followers will grow a lot in this next yr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this shade was my first OPI polish and i have to say that i love it! Always get compliments on it. Very classy indeed. <3 hugs! congrats on the 150!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red is always a great fall color! Shame about the staining. I have few red that like to do that too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words! I read every single comment and I love hearing from my readers. I will comment back on your blog if you have one; I love making new blogging friends! Have a great day!