Tuesday, October 23, 2012

off topic tuesdays: when all else fails, bake.


I can't even bring myself to show you my nails right now. They are a hot. freaking. mess. I had three major breaks and they look so ugly. I can't even begin to embrace them like everyone is suggesting. Thank gosh for off topic Tuesdays, I guess. 

Today I'd like to talk about a newly discovered passion of mine: baking. I was never a wiz in the kitchen, actually quite the opposite. Growing up, cookies always meant Betty Crocker packages. They're just more convenient, I guess. I didn't really understand the differentiation between "homemade" and out of a package. I recently started experimenting with homemade baking, and I absolutely LOVE it. 

I'm starting out simple. Yesterday, I made butterscotch chocolate chip oatmeal cookies & plain old chocolate chip cookies, an oldie but a goodie. Here they are: 



I fell in love with this heart-shaped cookie <3 font="font">


Butterscotch chocolate chip oatmeal

 
 Chocolate chip

No burnt cookies, no huge recipe failures. I'd say I was successful. I totally underestimated how relaxing and amazing hanging out at home and baking could be. It was the best day I've had in a while.

I'm yearning to try new recipes. What's your favorite thing to bake?

5 comments:

  1. yummyyy! i love those cookies. My favorite thing to bake is Italian Love Cake.. it's so easy and delicious :) Highly recommend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baking is so much fun! I love doing cupcakes. :) They're just too cute, and I am in love with anything cute. My hubby and I also do homemade pizza dough every Sunday night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great! I am so into baking right now myself. It is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look really good! I'm so not meant to be in the kitchen... But I have baked things that turned out great, so maybe I just need to do it more often.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words! I read every single comment and I love hearing from my readers. I will comment back on your blog if you have one; I love making new blogging friends! Have a great day!