Friday, December 23, 2011

Fingerpaints Special Effects Flakies Collection

Hi everybody! First off, I would like to thank all of my new readers for the huge jump in followers I've received over the past two days. If you haven't noticed, I've topped 200 !!! This is SO exciting for me, as I only started my blog in the summer. I love blogging and promise to get on here more over my winter break!! 


Anyway, on to what matters. I stopped in a local Sally's to see if, by any chance, they had the new flakie collection out. I was browsing around and didn't see the display, so I decided to see if there was anything good on clearance. I stumbled upon this...


WHAT? The new collection on CLEARANCE? Already?! I checked the bottles to see if they were damaged or anything, then promptly grabbed EVERY bottle on the rack to purchase. The manager caught me- "This is a new collection that shouldn't even be out!" She wouldn't give me the sale price and I should've fought it, but I was just excited to find these that I didn't care much. On to the swatches...


From thumb to pinky: Asylum, Flashed, Flecked, Motley, Twisted

same order as above

Asylum
ASYLUM is a blue-red flakie

Flashy
FLASHY is easily a dupe of the ever gorgeous Nubar 2010 flakie

Flecked
FLECKED is a blue-green flakie
Motley

MOTLEY is much more blue than Flecked

Twisted
(these swatches are a little messy.. my nails were fed up with me after swatching five polishes lol!)


TWISTED is, of course, a multi-colored flakie. It's basically a "twisted" combination of the previous four



I wanted to see how Nubar 2010 would compare to these polishes but I wasn't sure which one to compare to so I just picked Twisted. After looking at swatches, it looks like Flashy and 2010 are very close dupes.

The products I used; the five Fingerpaints Flakies polishes, Nubar 2010, and Nina Ultra Pro Black as my underwear polish.

Bottom Line:
I love these!!! I feel like flakies are ALMOST at an overkill level, but I don't care because I love them! As you can tell, I loooove my Nubar 2010 so much and I'm excited that I now have a bunch of alternatives to choose from. I honestly like them all equally. It's hard for me to pick a favorite. They applied so smoothly, and they dried relatively quickly. I'm a happy camper- no complaints here.

What do you think? Do you have a favorite/least favorite? Don't forget to enter my giveaway & tell your friends!

13 comments:

  1. Twisted is my favorite, but I love them all! I got these at Sally's yesterday too - their twitter account actually called the store and had them put them aside for me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--in clearance?! I didn't think to look there when I checked my Sally's. I am really hoping I don't miss getting these when I'm away over the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to stop and breathe during that! Such a great haul and pictures were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw how awesome!!! :) great swatch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on 200!! you deserve it! your swatches look great! i can't wait to get my hands on them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just went to Sally's yesterday to see if it was available, but no such look. Happy for you that you found them. Too bad you didn't get them for the clearance price. That would have been awesome, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these are great! I'm going to have to hit up the Sally's nearby me.... Must have flakies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to head to Sally's! Not fair that she wouldn't honor the price! Wouldn't that have been awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought 2 one nigh.. and ran back the next morning for another 2 (motley doesnt really interest me.) These are honestly sooo pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so lucky! I have two different Sally's watching and to hold three sets at each store! Only one came in so far- will get on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to go to Sally's sooooo bad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what she did was illegal (deceptive advertising) - she is required by law to honor the price.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words! I read every single comment and I love hearing from my readers. I will comment back on your blog if you have one; I love making new blogging friends! Have a great day!