Wednesday, July 13, 2011

OPI's Day of Shatter + Pink Wednesday

Thank god for the ladies of PAA for filling me in on OPI's Day of Shatter! I only have one shatter- the original black that I got right when it came out. I was so excited about it, but when I got it I was quickly over the trend. I wanted to do something different with it, so I tried this:







1 coat OPI Natural Nail base coat
2 coats OPI Señorita Rose-alita
1 coat OPI shatter on half nail
1 coat Seche Vite top coat

I'm pleasantly surprised. I had to fix my ring & pinky fingers because I put on too thick a coat of shatter to begin with, but I'm glad I fixed it.

7 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm kinda over the shatter trend, too. But this is different and it looks really good! Pink and black just look good together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty. I love the colour you used as base colour:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember that time you forgot about pink Wednesday until I reminded you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's very cute! I had the opposite on the other day, black base and pink crackle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really neat! I never thought of doing shatter like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words! I read every single comment and I love hearing from my readers. I will comment back on your blog if you have one; I love making new blogging friends! Have a great day!