Sunday, April 24, 2011

New Obsessions...

The past few weeks, I've spent all of my free time reading through nail polish blogs- and by reading through, I mean religiously scanning every blog entry. I've found a few favorites, and these have inspired me to create my own blog. I know I'm no professional when it comes to painting nails, but I do have a nice beginner collection of OPI. Once I discovered just how amazing OPI lacquer really is, I refused to buy any other brands of nail polish. After seeing that other brands rock, too, I'm branching out! Nail polish is seriously the one item I can justify spending money on. I'm not a huge girly-girl; I never wear much make-up (besides Fiberwig mascara and some hemp chap stick from The Body Shop), but I've always loved a pretty manicure.

I'm a busy girl, so the most important quality of a nail polish is its durability and ability to last. My nail polish collection is growing almost daily, but I never seem to make time to actually paint my nails regularly. By blogging here, I hope to start putting my polishes to good use!

A little about me: I'm a nineteen year old college student living in New England. I was a die-hard academic in high school, went away to an expensive private university, hated it, came back home, and am now attending a community college. I'm happier than I've ever been, and I'm learning that life happens so fast! I played tennis all throughout high school: it's the one thing that makes me happy no matter what is going on in my life. I'm also coaching high school tennis, too! I work at Panera Bread as well as babysitting and tutoring throughout the weeks. If you couldn't tell already, I love keeping busy! My new obsession for this summer is going to concerts, mainly country concerts. I'm seeing Jason Aldean on Friday, as well as Michael Buble and Taylor Swift in June. I want to go to a Rascal Flatts/Sara Evans concert in Hartford. I'm just a really optimistic person, and I love making new friends. :-)

My most recent polish purchases:


OPI DS Reflection
(from the OPI designer series)



OPI Ya'll Come Back Ya Hear
(from the new Texas collection!)

Haven't decided what I'm going to do with my nails today yet, but once I do I will update again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words! I read every single comment and I love hearing from my readers. I will comment back on your blog if you have one; I love making new blogging friends! Have a great day!