Saturday, January 24, 2015

exciting news.

Hi everybody! I know I've been away from the blogging world for quite some time, but I have some exciting news to share. I recently began going to school to get my nail technician license, and I have already found a job at an awesome local salon. I've decided to bring my blog back from the dead in an effort to continue to grow in the industry. I have been posting my nail work on my Instagram (@c4rped1em) but I wanted to return to the blog so I would have an outlet that was exclusively nails-only. I am committed to doing my best to keep this blog up & running with various nail looks, things I'm working on in school, and anything else that might pertain to this exciting little world that I have been in love with for so long! 


I am so grateful that I am going to be able to make something I am so passionate about my daily career. Having a career is so different from working, and I have been merely "working" for far too long. It's time to put myself first and allow myself to do something I have wanted to do for so long. For those of you that know me personally, my overall plan is to continue in school to obtain my Masters of Arts in Teaching so I will be able to simultaneously teach elementary school while I pursue a career in nail artistry. I am so excited for these new chapters in my life. 


I'd like to show you my first attempts at nail tips & wraps, two services that I previously had no knowledge of performing. I will admit that I did get quite frustrated when I first attempted tips. Adhering tips on to your own nails is hard, or at least was at first. All things considered, I was pretty content with how mine came out: 


I couldn't believe how (relatively) natural the tips looked on my nails. The next day, we worked with OPI MicroWrap. I was intent on putting a wrap on each of my nails. The more practice the better, right?


I was really feeling these. I planned on painting them when I got home, but things got super busy & I was unable to find the time to do so. I eventually hated how they felt on, and ended up soaking them in acetone. Now I'm rocking really short natural nails. I regret putting tips on all of my nails, but we're back on the road to strengthening my natural nails so all is good.

Please take a look through my blog and keep an eye out for new posts. I'm excited to be back in the wonderful blogging community. I hope everybody enjoys the rest of their weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words! I read every single comment and I love hearing from my readers. I will comment back on your blog if you have one; I love making new blogging friends! Have a great day!