Monday, August 22, 2011

Vacation Mani #1: CQ Slate Mix-Up

Hey girls! I am up in New York on a mini vacation with my mom. It's really nice to get away, let me tell you! We did a ton of shopping yesterday, when I found this pretty color. We don't have the brand CQ in drug stores back home, or at least I've never noticed them. One of my favorite bloggers, Olivia, has blogged about this brand before.I picked up Slate and Idyllic. Slate is a dark teal blue, with somewhat of a green hue. Idyllic is a red/purple duochrome. These colors are perfect for fall.




On my thumb and ring fingers is Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Fractured Foil. Topping the other three is Claire's Glitter Top Coat. I also put a coat of Gelous over the mani (I was gonna use it as my top coat because my Seche is almost out, but I just need that Seche on top of it).


check out this cool ring I got at Banana Republic. I got some great deals there today (even got a polish!)


This is what I go through when I'm trying to pick out a polish to wear. All of my nail wheels are like this- no real organization. The top is a preview of the Deborah Lippmann's I won from Kayla Shevonne's giveaway. Then there is my two CQ polishes, here Slate is topped with Glitter In The Air. I wanted to see how NFU OH 61 would look underneath the Claire's Glitter Top Coat.. def. a future mani in the workings here!

Anyway, I hope you all have a happy Monday! I don't know what we're gonna do. It's just nice to be away and relaxing, you know? :))

3 comments:

  1. love the slate with the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! Definitely going to go check out Slate. I love what you did with it!
    And Banana Republic sells nail polish??!?!?!?!? I've been in there a lot recently and didn't see any polish. WHAT THE HECK?! I'm going back to look, like now!
    Hope you have a great vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color.Your nails look so cute short I would cut my nails to make them look this cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words! I read every single comment and I love hearing from my readers. I will comment back on your blog if you have one; I love making new blogging friends! Have a great day!